korean archery - challenge the impossible

sosotaylors

Inactive
korean archery - challenge the impossible

70m apple, 70m egg, 30m soybeanfirst,hemp thread…
30m piercing an arrow

''''''''''repeathing the same shot brame mathematically impossible
split an arrow into two was, indeed, a work of fiction''''''''''''''

not possible? no, it's possible
Korean archer the GOD

http://sports.iqwww.com/archery/korean-archery-challenge-the-impossible-30/

113438_m03.jpg

A hollow target arrow, but still an amazing shot; I wonder how many hours per day these archers practice?

"A hollow target arrow"

All modern arrows are hollow...... What amazes me is that their shooting with "fingers" instead of a release aid.....

Folks, sometimes it's funny to make fun of an accent, but this isn't the place. No private communications on that score since I don't think any harm was intended--just keep it in mind, OK?

What I find even more interesting are the Koreans who achieve very similar results using old mongolian style bows. There are a couple ranges near where I live, and it is really great seeing old men still working at it every day.

Those Korean archers train all day every day, i have researched it. That is a neat video. Do a search on Byron Ferguson, he is the king of trick shots with a longbow. These shots are not impossible, but very difficult to do on video. I split an arrow last summer at 60 yards, but couldn't do it again at will.

I think what SDC was trying to point out was that they used an arrow without a nock as the "target" when they split an arrow. In other words, you didn't have to hit it *quite* as squarely in the very center to get your arrow to travel down the shaft and split it. But we're talking about making the task about .5 millimeter easier.

I've split arrows, too, even a couple of times on purpose, but the ranges at which they're doing it are pretty impressive--and doing it on demand is the *real* trick. :)

Olympic target archery isn't the same as hunting archery. Light bows(sort of. 50lbs is normal for the men) that look like attenna's using tiny diameter aluminum or carbon graphite arrows. 70 meters is the standard distance. And it's timed. They shoot at 90 meters too with a 4.8" bull(think 'X' ring).

Back