kobra dot sight

MLC

Thinking about getting one of these for my ak 74.
Are these worth buying?
I've seen alot of folks selling them, made me curious.
Am I better off with a more western manufactured red dot type sight?
I foolishly bought a KVAR scope mount only to find my short thick neck was not condusive. So I am looking for an alternative to the rudimentary irons.

I had one on my ak-47.Nice unit.The instuctions are alittle hard to follow but the red dot itself worked excellent.

If you want to go to Tantals' site and check out the Kobras go to
"tantalkalashikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.com"
It's a really good site that will answer a lot of your queations about the Kobra sight.

After you look over the site you'll probably want to e-mail Doug with some questions. Go ahead, he likes to talk Kobra and will help you pick the model that's right for you.

Good luck.....

I've had a Kobra I got from Tantal's for over two years now without any problems, other than the occasion need to re-zero, whereupon I need to dig out the instruction manual. Great red-dot, although I don't like how high it sits, which negates the cheekweld on the AKM stocks.

which would be better?
I have a kvar scope mount so i have the choice of the full model with mount or the weaver rail model.

Which mount?

Again, Tantal will have a lot of experience and some good advice on the question.

My only first hand knowledge is with the side mount. I can tell you it works for me. Easy on-off and holds zero.

Back