KNOW WHAT I DID WITH MY RESTRICTED MAGAZINES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
I recently returned them back into the law
enforcement circle. I had a police officer
friend that was looking for a Glock Model
23 with the hi-cap magazines. He couldn't
find one locally; so he bought mine. Now,
I won't have to worry about the "BAD BOY'S"
knocking at my door; as I am living to the
letter of the law !!!

------------------
Ala Dan

Greetings, sir. If you are retired LEO, with a letter stating that you bought the mags while an officer and that the department didn't want them, you could have kept them.
If not retired, you did the safest thing.
Best.

Ummm, I thought it was legal to own pre-ban hicap mags. Aren't the post-ban mags stamped "military & LEO only" (these being the ones a non-LEO can get in trouble for having)? I was thinking about buying a pre-ban 13 rd'r for my SIG, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, please!

Here in Kalifornia, starting 1/1/2000, there appears to be a new law requiring registering and "modification" of hi-cap mags to 10-rd. We gunowner call it the "Gray days ahead" named after new Governor Grey Davis. So much for the NRA, it the restricition is at the state level, you are scre**d!!!

Darthmaum; Only the magazine's that bear the
words, "RESTRICTED: LE/GOVT USE ONLY with the
date of 9-13-94 stamped into them are illegal
for civilian use. If you have pre-ban hi-cap
mag's; they are OK, for right now !!! Slick
Willie is pondering on taking them also.

------------------
Ala Dan

Couple of retired cops that I know still carry their "restricted" LEO mags. The department they worked for issued a CCW and sent them on their way. As for LEO guns, a copper in LA that I know went through the armorer to get a post-ban Bushmaster LEO CAR-15. It wasn't issued and he doesn't carry on duty.

AlaDan,

Thanks! I thought that's how it was, but you had me sweating there! I am wanting to go ahead and get a hi-cap, to "nyah-nyah" Ole Slick Willy. Childish? Yes...Do I care? Heck NO! :)

Well, the bad boys can come get my pre-ban hicaps any time they please. They'd best move damn fast though or they won't like how they get them.

I'd recommend at least two. I own four for each gun and buy them beore the gun, or I won't buy the gun. I won't own some emasculated piece of s--- sanitized by the govt.

Don't move to Hawaii with your Hi Caps.

Found out today in the required fire arms class that if the mag is in the gun it's a class c felony. It's a misdemenor to own one.

Get this, to buy a gun here you need to:

1. take the 6 hour class
2. go to the police and have your finger prints taken, sign a realease so they can look at your medical record (mental illness)
3. go pick up the OK slip in 14 to 19 days (this is only good for 10 days)
4. bring the slip to the dealer and pick up the gun.
5. bring the gun to the police and have it registered within 48 hours.

Oh, the good ole days.

Greetings HKIL; I got the restricted magazines while I was a member of a
local mainstream police dept; actually
by purchasing the gun and magazine's
from an individual police officer with
whom I worked.

Best Wishes,

------------------
Ala Dan

For what it's worth, be careful out there!

I have had people sell me pre-ban mags that have been refinished, covering up the LEO only markings. Know who you are dealing with! Sig mags tend to be lightly engraved with the appropriate markings so, if the finish doesn't look exactly factory, be careful.

There are also a lot of military Beretta 92F mags floating around. Not only are using post ban hi-cap mags, they are most likely stolen property as well. If you're in uniform, don't sweat it.

Keep it legal and safe,
Sid
---
Tx FFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back