Knife rights

While some may see this as silly, its a problem that needs to be clarified.

As a contractor, if I am on school grounds, with a utility knife, I am technically in possession of a weapon, and could be charged under the law here in PA.

Though, its still a gray area, if it would be legal or not, to have a licensed handgun in the same school. Gray because no one has yet been charged for carrying in a school with a state permit.

And, I can carry a 120 round drummed, AR 15 pistol under my duster, but I cant carry a 2" bladed, cali legal auto knife in my pocket without violating the law.

Take about inequity, and an imbalance in potential destructiveness.

Its like allowing DC residents to carry a small tactical nuclear weapon for self defense, instead of a revolver.

I have always advocated that a legitimate self defense permit, should cover any and all, concealable weapons, within reason, IE, not allowing syringes filled with Ricin, etc.

As I understand it, AZ, for all it's pro 2A policies, has very tough knife laws.

Oops, they used to.
ETA:
"April 28: Arizona Governor Jan Brewer has signed the the nation's first Knife Preemption Law, advanced by Knife Rights. The bill, SB1153, was passed by bipartisan votes of 36-19 in the Arizona House and 19-9 in the Arizona Senate. It will take effect 90 days after the legislature adjourns, expected this week, and not only prevents political subdivisions from enacting new ordinances and rules, but voids all existing restrictive knife ordinances. In combination with Arizona's recently enacted constitutional concealed carry law, knife owners in Arizona will enjoy the most accommodating knife laws in the country."
http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=100&Itemid=1

I like AZ more every day.

Back