Knee Jerk Liberals

Just recently remembered this description from my youth. Haven't heard it in a long time. Certainly fits the bill though, doesn't it.

------------------
Peace...
Keith

If the 2nd is antiquated, what will happen to the rest.
"the right to keep and bear arms."

Actually you really don't need the "knee" part... this has been proven many times since your youth... Yah, Yeh Monica.

I was a knee-jerk liberal, once. I was politically ignorant, and just figured that the "Younger Generation" was supposed to liberal, so that's what I was.

Fortunately, gun control issues shined down on me like a light from the heavens, and helped me "find political self."

Now, I might just be even more conservative than my Dad!

-boing

[This message has been edited by boing (edited July 10, 1999).]

Boing,

Don't feel too bad about the liberalism of your youth. I did the same. It's all part of growing up. I guess Winston Churchill said it best;

"If a youth is not a liberal he has no heart, but upon becoming a man, if he is not a conservative, he has no brain."

and my all time favorite,

"The fastest way to make a conservative out of a liberal is a mortgage."

Joe Portale
Tucson, Arizona Territory

The turning point for my kids was when they brought home their paycheck about 20% or so less than they had earned. Heh heh. They were 16 & 17 y/o.

Then we talked about Papa Government & sour grapes were had by all. ;)

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited July 10, 1999).]

It's worse than you think.

I knee-jerked Klinton into office. TWICE.

I didn't have the guts to admit it in the "Forgive Me, I Voted For Clinton" thread awhile back. I feel sick.

But I have repented. And I'm gonna do it some more when I buy shotshells at Walmart tomorrow. :)

-boing

Well, Boing, I guess you're really "going to the dogs!" :D :D

(Keep taking your prescription TFL meds. Everything will be all right!! :D )

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited July 11, 1999).]

"Going to the dogs" very funny, mister!

Thanks for the prescription, Dr. Bateman. I feel better already! :)

-boing

And to think I'm still embarrassed I voted for Mondale. I don't feel so bad now.

[This message has been edited by Bill F (edited July 13, 1999).]

Oh, thanks a lot.

BTW- I never really knew what was meant by "knee-jerk liberal" until I analyzed my own change of viewpoints. I was one, and didn't even know it. I wonder how many other KJLs don't know why they're like that, or bother to wonder in the first place.

-boing, the penitent

[This message has been edited by boing (edited July 12, 1999).]

Back