Kmart caves in to Anti-gun group

MissileCop

The story can be found at www.boston.com under the northeast section.
I'll cut the article down a bit (Thank goodness I can type! :) )

A local anti-gun group is declaring partial victory after lobbying retail giant K-mart into dropping plans for a rifle section in its new store at the gateway to the Hamptons.
"We told K-mart that guns are not just another product", Michael O'Neill, president of the Suffolk County Chapter of New Yorkers Against Violence, said Thursday. "Guns are dangerous products and we wanted them out".
Mr. O'Neill also stated that "We want the BB guns out, too. They're pernicious machines. And we want the ammunition out, too" he said.
Kmart spokesman Steve Pagnani stated that he believed that this was one of the first times the chain decided against a gun section at the community's behest. Approximately 200 of the chain's 2158 store do not have gun sections, either because they never had them to begin with, or were taken out due to slow sales.
Paul Feiner, the Greenburgh town supervisor, said Friday that had he known the Kmart stores would be stocking rifles, the town would not have been so willing to welcome the chain. He stated, "With gun violence all over, I don't think large businesses should be selling weapons", he said. "It sets a bad example and I think we should not be encourgaging violence".

So, according to Mr. Feiner, selling a legal product now encourages violence. I guess he's never heard of or learned the concept of personal responsibility. And just how does selling a legal product set a bad example? Does common sense end somewhere at the New York border? Or does common sense return the farther away you get from New York City?

BTW, if you'd care to make you're feelings known to Mr. Feiner (Polite, but direct, please) you can reach him at

Town of Greensburgh
Town Hall
Elmsford, NY

Fax: 914-993-1554

Right ... we don't want 'large businesses' selling guns, to the public. We want shady guys, driving black panel vans, selling guns to Mungo and his pals in the alley down the street. It's not a 'respectable' business, and 'nice' people certainly don't need to have guns.

What an idiot ... it is embarrassing that this has become such common 'adult' logic.

Can you give a direct URL? I went to that site, but their search engine turned up nothing for K-Mart. I couldn't find a New York paper that carried the story.

Mr. Feiner can also be reached at
supervsr@cloud9.net
(God, I LOVE the search engines! And cloud9? how appropriate!)

The town's website is: http://www.town.greenburgh.ny.us/

------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

well this is the mind set in new york.
just wait, they will probably elect
hillary to the senate to join charles,
barbara, and ted. kiss the right to
bear arms away. if the UNION tells a
worker who to vote for well no questions
asked, they vote for that individual.
i know my opinion will make some angry
but maybe the anger will jolt them into
thinking for once instead of the union
bosses doing it for them.

What do you expect from the Hamptons, a place populated by New York City Liberals who come out to Long Island to buy up our property, close off the beaches for their private use, and build more and more expensive homes driving up real estate taxes and forcing natives to sell out.

The local K Mart near me still sells guns, as does the Wall Mart near the ranges I shoot at just a few miles from the Hamptons. I bet if there are any K Marts in the city they do not sell firearms with the city's absurd licensing laws. Yet the ranges are crowded with city residents who travel out here to shoot on weekends.

That K mart would not have done a very good business in firearms anyway.

Geoff Ross

Back