Klashnikovs

Firepower!

Lets discuss the king of automatic weapons: Klashnikovs.

I think its by far the most realiable weapon I ever used.

I will begin posting pics of different types I have one by one.

Damn right. I have a Romy in semi auto. The AK is on a whole other level when it comes to function over fashion.

Oh, and I forgot to write that yes, I have shot an auto one once. In a place called Iraq. A highlight of a low time in my life.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that the AK weapons are the "king of automatic weapons". They are more like the old Chrysler K-Car of automatic weapons. Or, using your analogy, more like the "pawns" of automatic weapons. They work. Reliably. But, there's very common and there's nothing fancy or special about them.

From a Civilian's perspective, the GE Minigun is the King of automatic weapons. You need to be royalty to own one. You will be the only one that anyone knows that owns one. And, when the SHTF, he who has the GE Minigun (and a barn full of ammunition) is the King.

I put AK47 and Ruger AC556 in the same weapons class, function well, slow to change magazines on, no point in putting on an optic because the accuracy is not there. They are perfect for a 13yr old recruit that has minimal training on how to use and maintain a weapon.

For an advanced skilled operater a gun that can actually be aimed to put a bullet on target is a better choice.

For an advanced skilled operater a gun that can actually be aimed to put a bullet on target is a better choice.

I hope you're not talking about an M16. It takes no more skill to opperate one of those than an AK-47 or an AC556. Field stripping an M16 is easier than stripping an AK-47, and about the same as stripping an AC556.

I'm just not a big fan of machineguns made out of beercans. I'd rather them be made of steel and capable of firing when filthy. IMHO, I see no use in making M16's for long range use. It's a .22 cal slug for crying out loud!! Not what you'd use for long range sniper fire.

I hope you're not talking about an M16. It takes no more skill to opperate one of those than an AK-47 or an AC556. Field stripping an M16 is easier than stripping an AK-47, and about the same as stripping an AC556.

I'm just not a big fan of machineguns made out of beercans. I'd rather them be made of steel and capable of firing when filthy. IMHO, I see no use in making M16's for long range use. It's a .22 cal slug for crying out loud!! Not what you'd use for long range sniper fire.

So says the firearms expert who is customizing a Lorcin pistol, and has trouble taking his Ruger MKII apart and getting it back together.

ak-47-copy.jpg

What variety is the one second from the right in the group photo? The dustcover looks Romanian, but the handguard has a hump and that front sight has something extra hanging off of it...

lipstick on an ak 47

I like my Romanian Ak 47. The mechanics of it, that is. But is there anything that can be done to refine the finish on the stock? Has anyone ever tried sanding and refinishing to improve the appearance of theirs?

Back