Kissed the Bauer Good bye!

Prof Young

Smiths:
Some of you will recall the saga of my Bauer 25 Acp. Won't recount it all here. Last chapter was yet again a broken mag release catch. Bought a new one from Innovative Industries and let the whole thing sit for a couple months. Finally installed the new mag release and in the process discovered that they are making them out of aluminum. Really? Am wondering if that was part of the problem. Anyway, as before it took a while to get it assembled correctly. Took it to the range and ran four mags through it without a hitch. Cleaned it and took it to the local gun auction. Hopefully some collector will find it and love it.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with my 25 cal reloading stuff.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Aaaah! Quitter. I bet you didn't have more than a thousand into trying to get it to work! :rolleyes:

Good choice. If it doesn't work, it'll never be any good for anything except looking at.

Scorch - Tell me about it . . .

Scorch: Between the original auction price and all the parts I bought I had just a tad over $350 in it. If you put a $10 an hour price on the time I worked on it that jumps the figure to somewhere around $400. Was it worth that? Well that kind of worth is all in the eye of the beholder. It runs fine now, but it's a fragile gun. I put it in an auction and am hoping some collector just has to have it. And I already have a person interested in buying my 25 acp reloading stuff so . . . .

Life is good.
Prof Young

I've followed this saga with reservations on what you should do. Now that you no longer have that gun, I'd say get a Beretta 950BS and enjoy life again.

Back