Kinda funny no one liked the G19c

wild cat mccane

There might be nothing to respond to this comment. But it just dawned on me how all the big companies now have compensated ported slide options. M&P large frame, P365, Hellcat...

I havent shoot one yet. But i do recall that the G19c has been one of the least sought after Glock while glock was THE major maker.

It's not a comment on demand now vs then. Just funny. And, you still arent reading of a G19c demand even now.

Good points about the G19C.
What I've noticed is that the most recent with the P365 and Hellcat is a comp that is at the end of the barrel with typically one main slot as the comp.
The G19C still has more of the "classic" top of barrel slots with corresponding slots in the slide.
It would be interesting if Glock modifies the configuration to be more of the end of barrel comp vs the barrel slots (at the 10 & 2 o'clock locations).

Glock marketing does not seem to include Keeping Up With the Joneses.
I would be surprised to see them bring back the -C guns or add one of the other devices.
There are several shops that will modify your gun, though.

Pick your poison, I see three types of gas diversion.
1. The Glock -C type with holes into the rifling.
2. The expansion chamber compensator. There is the type machined into the barrel, and the screw on type which gives better gas handling but adds length to the gun.
3. The slotted slide, longer than the barrel, as seen on some Sigs and now Smiths. We tell people that the 1911 barrel bushing compensator is not very effective because it has to be large enough to clear the barrel in recoil, yet the factories are selling the concept like hotcakes.

My IPSC Modified 1911 with a Marvel compensator on a shortened barrel and slide to fit The Box and my Carry Comp OACP with Marvel compensator were fine shooters. But then I got into IDPA and removed all my compensators. Now IDPA allows them. Oh, well.

Years ago I won a GB auction for a 19C. Liked it so much I started snapping up C's every time I could find one.
Right now I have 17C, 19C, 22C and a 23C.

There are some YouTube experts that claimed compensated pistols would blind you by their flash, spit lead/sparks/boogers into your eyes and that the 9mm was such a low recoiling cartridge that a compensator wasn't useful.

I'm glad I ignored them. As does most competitive pistol shooters.

Glocks are all essentially the same gun. Got one, got 'em all. Have had the G17 since 1990. Works ok. Never was very accurate. Night sights became worthless decades ago. But, doesn't jam and 35 years later, still works good enough. Worth the $380 I paid for it.

Never owned a glock...Never will...Just plain don't like looks or feel......Been storing 2 for my sister for nearly 2 years......Never even look at "em".

Ben packing a 19 a long time

I sure can't find anything out there that would replace my trusty 19, yes it's combat accurate, since that is what it is for, so be it. Reliable and very low maintenance, like a good partner should be. I don't see any need to put an additional hole in the barrel, I like the one and only it has. I find the 19 plenty comfy for extended range sessions no extra holes required.

Last edited:
A lot of stuff goes in cycles, what once was old is new again. I have never been a fan of comped guns but to me, it's a personal choice.

As for Glocks, I am a big fan of the G19, I have put many thousands of rounds through my old G19 gen2 and I bought it used, so there is no telling how many rounds have been through it. It does not jam and has fed any round I feed it. YMMV

Back