Kimber.....Which is better?

Timothy

I've finally decided to buy a Kimber 45 ACP and would like your help please. I plan to use it mainly for punching holes in paper with occasional carry. I've ruled out the Classic because of the "occasional carry" and I can't afford the CDP. The Compact and the Pro Carry are essentially the same except for the grip frame length. ( 4" barrel, SS slide/aluminum frame and 28 oz.). One of these vs. the Ultra Carry ( 3" barell, SS slide/aluminum frame and 25 oz.) is the decision I'm trying to make. I'm looking for something that is enjoyable to shoot and is accurate. How about recoil and tip-up?......I realize choosing the Compact/Pro Carry compromises concealment but will the Ultra compromise the other things I'm looking for? Can you help please?

I have a steel-framed Compact. Despite fairly large hands, I can manage the shortened grip frame nicely and it does aid concealment. Still, when I pick up a pro-carry, it feels great to have that extra room on the grip. I think it depends upon how you weigh priorities. Obviously, for me concealment was most important but your priorities may vary. I have about 1200 rounds through the Compact so you can see that it hasn't stopped me from shooting it.

Enjoy the choice. Neither is bad.

RJ

Back