Kimber Ultra CDP

kikilee

I know this is a stupid question......but, I just bought my first 1911 style. It is a Kimber Ultra CDP. I have removed the slide, but for the life of me I cannot get the barrel out of the slide. Can anyone help. I'll take the verbal abuse!

Have you removed the guide rod from the frame yet? If not, and you were able to remove the slide from the frame, capture the tension on the spring and remove the spring and guide rod from beneath the barrel. That should allow you to drop the barrel free from the slide.

Is that the really small model? If so remove the guide rod and spring. Then rotate the barrel link down and slide the barrel out through the front of the slide. Since it has a cone/bushingless barrel it will not tilt out. My wife has one of the Ultra Elite models which I think is identical to yours. Hope this helps, byerly.

Pull the slide back to lock it in the open position. Look at the guide rod and you will see a small hole. If there is not a "tool" that came with the gun that looks like a little piece of bent wire, straighten out a paper clip and bend it at a right angle about 1/4" from the end. Cut off the long leg of the paper clip to about an inch or two. Put the short bent end into the hole in the guide rod. Release the slide so that the paper clip is trapped in place. Remove the slide. Pull back a little on the collar around the front of the guide rod with two fingers while lifting up on the rear of the guide rod with your thumb and remove the rod. Flip the barrel ring toward the front. The barrel should now slide right out through the front of the slide. Leave the paper clip in the guide rod for easier reassembly.

Have fun with the gun but be careful.:)
My buddy has one and the first few times we took it out we had fun until his front sight slid right off. His rear sights are drifting too. Maybe his was a lemon...

Have fun though.

Back