Kimber Ultra carry Stainless (follow up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

10mmrules

I posted a week ago and I was going to buy a Ultra carry. But when I got to the shop I couldnt bring myself to buy a Automatic with just an actual 2" barrel.they claim it has a 3" barrel but that includes the chamber.

I ended up buying a compact custom, which calims a 4" barrel, but in reality has a 3" barrel, I got the parkerized version.

The main reason for this purchase was 2 fold. I shoot a kimber gold match in competition, and wanted a similar carry pistol. I carry a glock 29 presently, and the new compact is similar only smaller. the second reason for the purchase is because the wife also shoots in the competition, and we were trying to make her glock 23 as her comp gun. on stock noght I figured she would shoot the new compact custom.. I made one big mistake. I let her fire it.

With a glock 23, she could hit 8" groups @25 yards fairly consistently. I let her shoot the Compact custom with my target loads last night, and couldnt get the damn thing out of her hands. she started out shooting 2" groups @25 yards, and improved to 1-1/2" groups before the session finished. I think the Glock is about to retire to the safe. I can easily shoot 1-1/2" to 1-1/4" groups with it. I havent even broken it in yet!!!! I shot about 150 rounds throught it last night and had about 4 ftf failures. it may have been the reloads.

This is one sweet pistol!!!!!

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

[This message has been edited by 10mmrules (edited September 28, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back