Kimber Ultra Carry - Night Sights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abruzzi

I am planning to replace the standard issue black fixed sights on a Kimber Ultra Carry with night sights, and am a little bit intimidated by the number of choices. The sets on the market include:

Kimber's Night Sight - set for $129. I assume somebody makes them for Kimber but I don't know who.

Novak Night Sights - rear carry tritium sight for Kimber Classi around $99 (Any experience with the 14K gold front sights?)

Trijicon - doesn't list a specific product for Kimber.

MMC - supposedly the only adjustable no-snag night sights at $147. Claim to have a new product for Kimbers.

Meprolight - TRU DOTS for $100

Does anyone have any clear preference from this list? Or additional suggestions? I have access to one of Brownell's fitting tools to do the installation myself, if that saves money.

Abruzzi,

Chip McCormick is making the sights for Kimber. He lists tritium replacement sights in his magazine ads, but I don't have one handy. I replaced my Kimber sights with Novak's simply because I like the look better than the Kimber sight. Give Novak a call or drop them an e-mail to get current pricing and turn around times. I haven't seen the MMC offerings for Kimber yet, but I installed a set of their night sights on a Glock and an S&W .40 and absolutely love them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again, especially if the caliber I was shooting had a large difference in point of impact between bullet weights like the .40 S&W. Good luck.

------------------
Mossyrock
Curmudgeon In Training

Novaks are a good option. Very slick little units - no snag design, highly visible and accurate. And they look good too.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

I've had several pistols with the Novak sights, top quality and hard to beat for sight picture and snag free design.
Also have a set of MMC's on a Glock. Mine has yellow rear/green tritium dots. I would recommend this sight highly if you want adjustables.
Recently aquired my first set of Ashley Express Big Dot sights. The big dot is ideal for up close shooting (less than 15yds), not good for target shooting. [www.ashleyoutdoors.com]
Take a look at Dick Heinie's straight eight sights [www.heinie.com]. Dot the i and shoot, excellent design. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back