Kimber sights - Target vs. Gold Match vs. Ashley Outdoors

AndABeer

I have a Kimber Gold Match that I bought recently with the intent of buying some tritium replacements for. The only suppilier I was able to find was Ashley Outdoors. Though I would have preferred a three dot system, I figured what the Hell, I might like "dotting the i". Today I looked at the sight set I received and it will not work with the sight cuts that are on the Kimber currently.

The Kimber sight has a longer base which means a noticable gap would be evident between the front of the sight base and the slide cut were I to go ahead and intall the sight. I call Ashley Outdoors and their response was, in a nutshell, "Deal with it." So I decided to give another go this evening and on further inspection Ashley's sight will not work at all. The original Gold Match sight is designed for the elevation screw to thread into the dovetailed sight base. The Ashley dovetail base has no threads and it is obvious it was meant for the slide to be threaded to accept the elevation screw though the base. The Kimber slide was drilled out but this was obviously just meant to allow the eleavtion screw to adjust up and down freely. It is too large a hole to now be threaded to accept the elevation screw.

My question is: are the Gold Match and Target adjustable sights different? The Ashley sight is advertised as a replacement for the Target model. I assumed Kimber used the same rear sight for the Target and Gold Match. I think what has happened is that a Bo-Mar cut sight got in the wrong package and sent to me. Does this sound reasonable? I intend to call Ashley ASAP Monday morning but was wanting further info on Kimber sight systems before then. Thanks to all who respond.

Back