Kimber sight adjustment Please Advise

glh

Ok ..I have owned adjustable sight guns for most of my shooting life so...with fixed sights and the gun shooting (for sure to the left) about two inches at 12 yards..do I loosen the set screw and drift the sight to my right ???
will this move the impact to the left?

Thanks Gary

Move the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to go. Good luck trying to move that Kimber sight without a sight pusher tool. They are a real bear.

Regards,
Frank

I'll second what Frank said about needing a sight pusher. Mine was shooting left also and I had a smith move it for me because it was so tight.

glh - my Kimber Classic also shot to the left. I put the slide in a padded vise, put a scrap piece of delrin against the rear site (instead of a brass punch), and then wailed on it with a hammer. Use a pencil to mark a witness line on the sight and slide so you can tell that it moved.

Having talked to the Kimber Custom Shop about this two weeks ago, this is what they said-- First remove the set screw and then soak the sight in WD40 for about 15 min. Place the slide in a padded vise (do not over tighten it). Place a piece of leather between the sight and a brass punch and hit firmly with a hammer. If that doesn't work send it to them.
To actually move those tight!!! sights try soaking the sights in a bath of WD40 AT LEAST 12 hours. Took me two different attempts to move mine.:) The distance you have to actually move the sight at that range is like .02 to.03 to the right. But don't expect one hammer blow to actuall move anything. Use something other than a thick piece of leather, delrin sounds real good.

Thanks Fred, Having the same trouble getting my 1991A's sights moved, think I'll just go ahead and order the tool from Brownells if it's not too much.

Thanks, Blue Duck

Back