Kimber pro carry/Firestorm compact

mushoot

I noticed how the Firestorm resembled the pro carry. Except in price $259 to around 700 for the Kimber. Sure the Kimber is better, but for 259 the Firestorm is not bad. It did not malfunction, shot about as well as the Kimber at 15 yards with 230 hardball. I'm going to get a trigger job or perhaps a new trigger for the firestorm. What other changes would you recommend? John yes the finish is no where near as good as the kimber, but I am talking about a shooter here.

I think that the Firestorm is really the same as the Llama series now. As a matter of fact, I believe that they are the same company. They are both made in the same place in Spain. I have the Llama Minimax [compact] 45, and I love it. It's a great shooter. It started-out with some feeding problems, but a magazine spring adjustment cured that, and not a single problem in the several hundred rounds since. Sure, the Kimber is a nicer gun. I really want a Kimber, and/or a Springfield eventually. But for the same price as those, I can have TWO Llamas/Firestorms -- one compact, one full-size. And as far as I can tell, they are pretty much totally 1911 parts interchangeable these days...

Yes, the Firestorm is made by what used to be the Llama company. It shot about the same as the Kimber at 15 yards using 230 grain hardball. I don't like the Firestorm's trigger as I said. I will get a trigger job for it. For $259 it is a great shooter. John

Back