Kimber Micro 380

ds-10-speed

I always wanted a .380 for some reason, (do I need a reason?). Anyway I looked at Sigs, Kimber, Springfield and some others. I really liked the Springfield 911 but I guess I'm old school because I like nice wood grips and the new G10 stuff just doesn't appeal to me, also no plastic guns.

Anyway the Kimber was on sale and I bought it. I like the looks and right out of the box I shot a 2" group in the bullseye at 21', with a steady hand. So far I'm really impressed.

Anyone have a history or experience with these? Durability etc...

tC5kOC4.jpg

4eJRwSZ.jpg

It's a clone of a Colt Mustang, which in turn is a clone of an earlier Spanish pistol (Star, IIRC). It's a proven design, and IMHO the fact that Kimber made the mainspring housing removable is an improvement.

I have one. I also have a Sig P238. Similar guns, the sig feeds better and shoots better. Kimber has CT laser grips which make it perfect for my wife. She carries it a lot.

Enjoy the gun. There was an update to the recoil spring and guide rod. Call and ask if it's been updated. They can tell by the serial number.

Disregard if was purchased new.

David

I have Star DK’s, FI Model D’s, Mustang, Sig P238, P938, Kimber Micro 9 and 380. All of the pistols shoot well but as the evolution continued the 238 and Micro 380 are the most reliable for personal protection. They retain the locked breech reducing recoil and improving accuracy. I have run quite a few rounds through both pistols so to carry either one envokes confidence of being adequately armed. I guess it breaks down to the Sig being blocky and the Kimber smooth and the greatest 1911 look alike ...your choice.

Back