Kimber K6s - Any aftermarket springs available?

BluRidgDav

My Kimber K6s had a better trigger pull than my S&W 60, out of the box.
But, after installing a set of Wolff springs, the 60 is now better than the K6s.

Are there any after-market springs available for the Kimber?

Thanx, Dave

P.S. - Please don’t include amateur legal advice about liability, etc.

Last edited:
The rebound slide spring/trigger return spring are the same as the ones S&W uses. I was going to buy that kit, but then found some references to the fact that they were the same. I don't have much interest in changing out the mainspring or cylinder stop spring and already owned extra reduced power S&W trigger return springs.

The lighter weight spring made a noticeable difference in the trigger pull. The pull was smooth to begin with and now it's light and smooth.

Shoe,
Good quality revolvers cost more than auto-pistols in the current marketplace.
Wheel-guns are kind of an acquired taste, not for their utility, but for their style.
Shooters always like to make their chosen handgun a more personalized weapon,
so, parts get upgraded, modified, polished, engraved ... it’s all good.

An 'out of the box' trigger really doesn't matter. Nearly every commercial firearm requires a trigger job out of the box.
The K6 exploded drawing sure looks like a Smith to me.
"...advice about liability, etc...." Doing a trigger job might void the warrantee, but it's the same as the use of reloads for CCW argument. Any good lawyer can make the idea it's some how evil go away.

My K6 has the smoothest DA trigger out of the box ever & just gets better-here's a ten pull average
LIsePJql.jpg

I hate aftermarket springs. The rebound slide spring serves two purposes. First it returns the trigger to the position of rest. Second, if the finger isn't on the depressed trigger, it causes the rebound slide to intercept the hammer's forward movement and prevent discharge. It's a safety feature of S&W revolvers.

I'm an old fart that doesn't play with safety/reliability of a firearm.

Back