Kimber K6s .357 Revolver

Hi Everyone,

I had a chance, on Friday, to play with a new Kimber K6s .357 revolver. I did not get to fire it, but was able to dry fire it. The trigger is very smooth. I liked the fact that it is a 6 shooter in a J-Frame type revolver. The frame has smooth edges, making it perfect for concealment. This is a very nice and well made gun.

The only thing that I dislike about it is its steep price tag of over $800.00. I know that the precision milling technology used to manufacture the revolver most be costly, but Kimber must lower the price, if they wish to compete with Ruger's SP101 or other Smith and Wesson J-Frame comparable, popular models.

I do not think that I can justify such an expensive purchase, at this time, just to benefit from an extra round.

Any comments?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bought one and carry it as my EDC. Worth every penny for me. Great sights, great trigger, and extremely well made.

Kimber is a brand that has a certain amount of "prestige" attached to it. All of Kimbers products are very cool and high quality, but not really budget friendly.

That 6th round, in a limited capacity handgun, could save your, or a loved ones life. Whats that worth to you...?

The price is the biggest deal breaker I see. :mad: I have a few Smiths that I use, but what can the Kimber do that my Smith's can't do? Other than being a double action pistol without a hammer exposed and having a 6 round capacity.

Looks like kimber introduced a few more model for 2017.

I am wanting to purchase one this year. Can anyone elaborate on the different configurations for the K6s?

According to Kimber's website, here is an attempt to answer my own question:

K6s Stainless: standard stainless, standard sights, rubber grips.
K6s Stainless (LG): low-glare stainless finish, standard sights, rubber and wood crimson trace grips.
K6s Stainless (NS): low-glare stainless finish, 3-dot tritium night sights, rubber grips.
K6s First Edition: mirror-polished stainless finish, low profile sights, pao ferro wood grips.
K6s DCR: smooth satin finish, fiber optic front sight, checkered rosewood grips.

Back