Kimber K6 3" vs S&W Model 60 Pro Series 3"

Martowski

I'm seriously considering a 3" .357 as my next purchase, something of a fun "range toy" with the ability to carry if desired without adding too much weight or bulk. Both the Kimber K6 and the S&W Model 60 Pro Series seem to fit the bill.

I know the specs on each and know the S&W has the fully adjustable sights vs. the Kimber's drift adjustable, and know the K6 holds a full 6 rounds vs. the 5 rounds in the S&W. But, curious for any information by those of you who have experience with both (or either) of these in terms of which has the smoother DA and better SA pulls. I know both will likely have similar inherent accuracy in terms of mechanics, but curious how the triggers and handling compare on both.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The da trigger pull on the Kimber is far superior to the one on any typical J-frame revolver-as is almost anything else imo.

I have been fortunate enough to own quite a few S&W iconic revolvers as well as 2 K6S revolvers.

IMO, the K6S 3" DASA is my hands down favorite to shoot. Great sights, great double and single action pull, very accurate. I added a Hogue monogrip to mine in order to mitigate felt recoil. I love to shoot full power .357 and the gun handles it with ease.

I carry the 3" and the 2" Kimbers from time to time and they carry very easily due to their weight and dimensions.

I can't say enough about how much I enjoy them. My kids do as well. When we go to the range, they are family favorites.

I love S&W and pocket carry a 340PD most days, but for an all steel gun, the Kimber gets my vote. It is the most size and weight efficient of the 6 shot steel revolvers.

Thanks, I actually had a chance to take a look at a Model 60 at a shop yesterday. I'm used to K and L frame revolvers, I couldn't believe how small the Model 60 is! Definitely would be a good carry size, but not something for prolonged range toy duty!

but not something for prolonged range toy duty!

I was at the range one day shooting my brothers model 60. An LEO friend asked me to join in with his CCW class that day, running through various drills. All I had was .357 magnum with me that day, so I shot about 150 rounds of mag through that model 60 in one session.
I had a little blister in the web of my hand!:D

Back