Kimber Gold Match

WilDJ

Ok, this weekend I bought my very first pistol in a blue finish, a Kimber Gold Match .45 ACP. According to the salesperson, guns in blued finish require "extra care" and are more prone to wear if used as CCW.
As I have stated, this is my first pistol in a blue finish, what "extra care" is required? Also if any, please share your experiences with this gun.
Thank you all.

They will all show some degree of holster wear after a while. An exception might be chrome. Can't say for sure as I have never owned a chrome plated gun. Holster wear gives a gun "character".

WilDJ, blued guns will tend to rust faster than stainless, especially in a holster where they're subjected to sweat. You paid a pretty price for a nice gun, so you should decide whether you want to wear the finish. The holster's going to wear the finish on the muzzle and probably some parts of the slide to bare metal. My pro carry is pretty well worn already, and we don't have CCW where I live. If you're ok with the wear, just wipe it down with a silicone cloth every night (unloaded) and field strip it more than usual to clean the interior parts.

Dick

Back