Kimber Gold Match slide stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamster

Just shot my new Kimber Gold Match. Great shooter! Just one thing though. I got the Wilson 8 round mags for it, and when using those mags, the slide does not lock back after the last round. It did when using the factory supplied mag though (except once). Is it possible that the Kimber slide stop is too short for the Wilson mag follower? If so, I will just replace the slide stop lever.

This is a problem that many people have had. I had seen a few threads on this before I purchased my Kimber so I thought I would stay a head of the game and bought a few Wilson Mags and a Wilson slide stop before my Kimber arrived. Well, guess what? My Stainless Classic had the exact opposite problem. The slide would lock back with a round or two in the magazine. It would also stove pipe on occasion. This happened with both the Kimber and Wilson slide stop. After firing a couple hundred rounds, I came to the conclusion that for some reason my Kimber does not like Wilson Mags. I had no malfunctions using Shooting Star or MecGar magazines. So now I will return the Wilson Mags and buy a few extra MecGars...

chances are it is the magazine follower. this is a pretty common problem with plastic followers of all types, but it would not be a good idea to change the slide stop on a Gold Match. The barrel lugs are fitted to the slide stop pin and you could end up reducing the accuracy.

I had the same problem with my hew Kimber. Slide stop was out of spec. Got a new one, everything fine now.

Mike, do you want to sell those Wilsons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back