Kimber Custom slide stop problem!!!????

lodraw

Inactive
My Kimber Custom slide has decided to 'fall' into battery while I shove my 47D's home :eek: I eliminated the mags as the problem source. I cleared the gun and briskly tapped the mag well on the bench and sure enough it racks foward...#@!!*^% :(, and it does it everytime. Hopefully all I have to do is swap the slide stop for a good one like Wilson's. Thanks in advance!!

Hi Lodraw,
I can't believe no one has tried to help you out, I've been spending all my spare time over at http://www.pistolsmith.com lately, but I'll try to help you out here rather than making you go to all the trouble of registering. (Unless you want to, it's a great site too.)

First off, let's clear up the minor communication problem.
What EXACTLY is the pistol doing when it "Falls into battery" and what are 47Ds? (aside from the obvious anatomical reference.) :D

I've been 'smithing for better than 20 years, but I have to admit those are new terms to me.

Do you mean the slide stop is not reliably holding the slide to the rear?

Which model of Kimber do you have?

Are all parts original?

If not, what have you changed?

If you can answer these questions, I'll try and help you out.

Lodraw, either the slide stop was not fit properly at the factory or when the magazine is inserted the bullet nose is hitting it. Look for brass colored markings on the inside of the stop. If they are present simple file the area down a little, just a few strokes, at a time until the problem disappears. George

Back