Kimber Compact

mike benedict

Took my brand new Kimber stainless compact to the South River gun club today and fired about 100 rounds of 200 gr swc's through it with out a single hitch. The little Kimber even shoot better than I expected. I shot several groups in the 1-1.5 inch range at 20 yards offhand.
Got to love those Kimbers every one I have had runs perfect right out of the box.

MIke

I was a witness and participant in testing out Mike's new Kimber compact stainless. I liked it so much, we rushed back to the store before they close and I bought a blued compact, Mike bought the last stainless. Haven't shot mine yet but I'm pretty sure it will perform just as well.

hi mike,
no surprise here, as i believe kimber makes a great gun. compact aluminum is my personal favorite. kimber barrels have pretty tight chambers and bores, so if you're reloading your 200 gr swc's, i'd just make sure to check them out with a chamber gauge before running them in your gun. they do make a recommendation to shoot factory ammo with a minimum oal of 1.260", and i've found that loads that fall way short of this number may invite problems. but when you're shooting factory ammo (or loads that replicate them), they should run completely reliably.
best regards,
joe

------------------
www.skdtac.com
tactical accessories for self-defense and le

the load was
Penn 200 gr swc
5.4 gr WW231
1.250 over all length
.470 taper crimp
any old brass

that load will work in every 1911 I have ever shot
I have fired over 500,000 rounds of that load over the years

Mike

It's good to hear good things about Kimbers. Its definitely next on my list. I was looking at the Ultra Elite. Almost bought it but had to get an HK P7M8 instead. Don't know when or if I'll find another. My shop usually has a pretty good stock of Kimbers. Plus, hopefully Kimber won't be bought out and their line discontinued like I hear what's happening to HK at the hands of Colt.

Finally, shot my Kimber compact last night in an indoor no light IDPA match. It was just a fun gun to shoot, reliable, accurate, manageable recoil. Hopefully I can talk Mike into going to South River this weekend to shoot our Kimbers side by side. I used a new paddle holster Mike made for me, it is secure, concealable and pretty fast.

Back