Kimber Compact Stainless .40 S&W

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgdguy

Inactive
Well, I wish I'd read these Kimber posts before I ordered it, but.....After much debate and consideration, I decided to order the Kimber compact in the 40 caliber, unstead of the 45 - even though it is currently on an eight week backorder AND is more expensive. I know that Kimber has a reputation for high quality 1911 45's, but I also realized that the 40 is a new gun for them, and therefore not much has been written about it. I expect the quality of their 40 to match that of their 45's, but I would like to know if anyone else has purchased and/or fired one, and what their thoughts are. Why didn't I go for the 45, you ask? I believe the ballistics of the 40 caliber are superior to the 45 and am a fan of its faster velocity.

I've got a stainless Gold Match in .40 and a buddy of mine just bought a stainless/alloy Ultra compact (can't keep all the names straight). He is positively in love with the gun.

My experience with the Gold Match has been great. Accuracy is very good (2") and it has been very reliable.

I haven't had any of the problems related in the other posts with any of the several Kimbers I own. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back