Kimber Combat Carry - opinions

bk40

Handled a Combat Carry today. Very nice. Edges melted, tritium sights, slide-to-frame fit good as was the barrel. Price, $970.

I'm looking for a lighweight 1911 for carry and like the officers size frame mated with commander size slide.

Anyone own one of these (or shot one)? All comments appreciated.

I've got one. First time I shot it the plunger tube came loose because one of the legs? was missing or broken. It would not lock open on last shot because slide stop length from shaft to back edge did not appear to be long enough, i.e. it was not far enough back in magazine well to engage follower (second Kimber I've had with same slide stop problem). Outdoor America (OKC)sent it back at no cost to me. Kimber fixed it and I had it back the same week. Excellent customer service I think (except that for almost a $1000.00 you would think it would be perfect from the factory). It shoots well and as you might guess is very easy to carry. I always take a close look now to see whether slide stop appears centered in the frame cutout when I buy any 1911 (although it can be hard to eyeball whether it's right or not). My recommendation, if you need one, is buy it. After initial disappointment mine is now one of my favorite pistols and in the absence of a lightweight H&K P7 is probably as close as I anticipate getting to a perfect CCW gun.

Back