Kimber - Awesome Customer Service!!!

pinetree

I bought a used Kimber Compact. It had a 6 round made and no takedown tool. I emailed Kimber. The responded the next day and a manual and tool were in the mail free of charge. They thought my mag was a MecGar.

tjg

Glad to hear your experience was as positive as mine have been. Maybe they got enough complaints that they put the emphasis back on "service."

Dick

I bought a "custom classic" when they first came out. I e-mailed them several times about the gun shooting a foot low at 25 yards. About how the slide would not lock back on a empty magazine. About how it jambed constantly. Finally I just fixed the damn gun myself. Kimber customer service sucks as far as I am concerned. No more Kimbers for me.

Pinetree:
Glad to hear of your good service experience. I also have a Kimber Compact and a Gold Match. I have not needed any true service on either but have found Kimber promt to respond when I requested an extra take down tool and bought more magazines.
All the best,
Bill Daniel
Life Member NRA

Hey M16, ever heard of a phone call? Personally I never count on email to get ahold of a company for anything serious. I have yet to find a company that pays as much attention to email as they do to phone calls.

I emailed them on Monday morning of this week, and they called me back at noon on the same day.

I spoke with Dennis at Kimber, and he said that we'd get my gun functioning flawlessly. With service like that, I'll buy another. (I also like the accuracy.)

Maybe they have their customer service problems fixed.

straightShot

Uh Gee, No I never even thought of a phone call. Lets see. I know how we can handle customer service. Lets get an e-mail address and then never check it. What a novel concept in handling customer service. Problem solved.

M16: I understand you perfectly. I found Kimber customer service to be friendly and helpful, but they didn't fix my gun...I did. I agree with Rik that phone calls tend to be more effective, but they cannot be documented (unless you're Linda Tripp). I had a dispute with another manufacturer that was only resolved after sending them a record of our 3 month long email dialogue. It is hard to deny written statements and they know it.

Rik, What I was trying say (with a little humor added in) is that a company that has a published e-mail address should check it on a daily basis. If you are not going to respond to e-mails then don't put the address on your website.

M16,

How are they gonna fix your pistol if they don't have it? You should have called for the service address and sent your Kimber in for repair. How can you bitch about repair service if you don't give them a chance?

I bought a Classic Gold Match last year. For the first 400 rounds, I got jam after jam. I called Dennis and asked him about it. He said to send it in, and they would get it fixed. Turn-around was four days.

I called him on the phone and asked me what he had found. He said that there was nothing wrong, except that the original magazine was malfunctioning. (It wasn't, and the gun was jamming even when using Mec-Gars and Wilson mags.) So, he just gave me a new magazine and sent the gun back.

However, since that time I've put another 400 rounds through the pistol, using hollow points (Hydrashocks and hand loads) and several different brands of ball, and the jams are completely gone! I've not had a single problem since the gun came back! Even the old magazine works!

So, what did Dennis do? And, why didn't he admit to doing it? Or maybe the gun just needed breaking in? Anyway, it's a joy to shoot now!

I had feeding problems in the first few hundred rounds. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, I had feeding problems with my reloads. Maybe the pistol just needs a little break-in. When I was drooling over a Les Baer, the owner of the shop said Les Baer had told him to advise the buyer that he should expect jams at least until the 500 round mark. I can understand why, too. The gun was so tight that racking the slide nearly took three hands.

Dick

Have one to add myself: Got an Ultra CDP recently. After about a week, I noticed that the front night site had gone completely out, the ambi-safety on the right side would not fully disengage the safety when pressed firmly, and the gun had locked back twice with ammo still in the clip.

Sent it back to Kimber. Got it back in less than a week. New crisp night site, ambi works great now, and no more lock backs after many rounds.

Back