Kimber Arms to Alabama

Kimber isn't that big a company, so unless they're looking to aggressively expand their product line, I have to believe this is probably the signs that Kimber is going to be moving production operations to Alabama in the next decade to cut costs.

New York is expensive, especially in Westchester county.

I am glad to see them move out of NY with some of there manufacturing.

In another report that I read, the new plant will employ over 360 people...that will definitely benefit the local economy.

I hope they offer jobs to the current employees at the new plant when it opens. Most probably won't want to make the move but maybe a few will.

Kimber isn't that big a company, so unless they're looking to aggressively expand their product line, I have to believe this is probably the signs that Kimber is going to be moving production operations to Alabama in the next decade to cut costs.

New York is expensive, especially in Westchester county.

Exactly..........hopefully they also change their attitude towards QA/QC

TruthTellers, I suspect you are correct. I wonder how many with Remington from Illion, NY moved to Birmingham.

According to the announcement, Kimber was not reducing staffing in NY. They were simply expanding and creating a new facility in Troy. Although, this maynot mean they will not in the future tranfer functions.

I know this part of Alabama very well. While Alabama is still lags the country in many aspects, with an extraordinarily high poverty rate, among other problems, the south east part of Alabama is slowly modernizing.

Any increase in business will help, even if it’s small.

I really do like the state and the people, who are very friendly.

Last edited:
Troy University is a good size college with a lot of Military and International ties. They wore bid enough pants to beat LSU in football this past year. Maybe a few graduates will find their way into the Kimber management chain and other mid-level positions.

Back