killing a Russian hog with 223?

jpapajess

Inactive
So a couple guys i know want to go on a Russian bore hunt real soon and i wanted to go with and try and get one with my bow. But if that doesn't work i was thinking about taking my 223 and seeing if that would put one down. Any thoughts?

Head shots, sure. Body shots may get kinda iffy on a bigger animal with a 223, but chest shots on smaller pigs will work.

I don't consider hog hunting a long range sport anyway, so 223 works just dandy. Trying to drag even modest sized pigs is an arduous task. You wanna be close to the DPTV(dead pig transport vehicle).... Taking a route through wet cow patties can lube things up, if that's an option where you are going.

The best spots to shoot hogs with a 223 are very low on the chest and the neck. About 3 inches 45deg bellow the ear.

Not gonna start the Russian debate again lol.

Why would you want to go all the way to Russia to shoot a stinking pig? There's plenty of them in the southern portion of the US and its not nearly as cold plus most place speak english. However, Russian women can be hot and generally like American men.

Pigs aren't hard to kill at all, we do it with rifle, shotgun, pistol and knife. Hell, if I thought shooting one with a pellet rifle and causing gangrene which would kill it, I would.

Lol Russian hogs were meant to be shot with 5.56 or 7.62 NATO and American pigs were meant to be shot with5.45x39 or 7.62 x 39

Dont know about russians,But I've sure tore up a bunch of good size rooters with a 223 in the 2 to 300lbs range.:D

Back