Kibler's DOESN'T make it easy to choose

deerslayer303

So, I think I need one of each :D Although my wallet can't begin to afford that. I'm leaning towards the Woods runner. As my rifles see plenty of woods work, they are no bench queens, so the pretties of the Colonial is not required. I love the way brass looks when it get tarnished, so I guess that counts out the Southern Mountain rifle. As that one comes with steel Butt Plate, trigger guard, etc. That and it only comes in .45 cal. I have no doubt a .45 Long rifle has plenty of stones to take down a White tail. I just already have molds, and balls, for a .50. A small downside, the Woods runner comes with a CNC'd stock, lock, etc. So not much tinkering and fitting required. Not really a big deal to me though. I have binge watched his entire channel on YT. And looked at lots of pics of his customers Rifles. Very nice rifles when finished. Have any of you finished one of Kibler's rifles? IF so please share your experience here. I should be able to place an Order for one soon.

:eek: Good Grief that thing is BEAUTIFUL. So, do you Not disassemble the lock and finish the metal pieces? Or do you just leave them unfinished? It looks as if yours is unfinished. Which, it looks awesome like that. Thanks for posting the pic.

The lock was disassembled and polished with stones then color case hardened for durably then the colors on the outside was rubbed off for a satin look.

Kibler’s lock comes assembled with a fine sandblasted finish. This one I disassembled and stoned all surfaces as needed then did the bone charcoal color case hardening myself. The sand blasted lock, is to my opinion, the only short coming of his kit. Easy to polish though.

Just wood and bone charcoal, I tried leather, peach pits, casenite, and a few other things many years ago and found them to be of no value. Percentage of wood to bone, temperature, and quench water can give a wide range of effects.

Back