Keyholing/Tumbling bullets

What pistol? shooting what caliber and load?

A number of snub nose revolvers will do this with long bullets.

Oh, I hate to even type this :(

However, It's my brand new Seecamp, .32ACP. I have waited a LONG time to get one of these and I decided to get myself one as a Christmas gift. The other guys I know who have Seecamps are VERY satisfied. Perfect little .32ACP holes in the targets. Mine keyholes. :(

Kentucky Rifle

BTT

I hope nobody minds me sending this post back to the top. However, I'd like to be sure there are no more opinions.
I had a local gunsmith tell me that something, maybe a burr, is keeping the lands and grooves from doing their jobs. He told me that quite possibly, with more "break-in" time at the range, the keyholing problem might just fix it's self.
Does anyone have an opinion regarding this line of thought?

Thanks,
Will

Only two things that I know will cause keyholeing.First is a oversize bore and second is leading.I would slug the barrel first thing.I am sure you will have to send it back to the factory for repair.

Yeah, I know

I sent Seecamp a FAX yesterday. As much as I hate to send a brand new firearm back to the factory, I'm now waiting for them to contact me with shipping intructions. I think that they will repair the problem, however the waiting is dificult since I already waited a long time to get a Seecamp in the first place. I was shooting with two friends who were also shooting Seecamps. Their pistols were making perfect little .32 caliber holes in the targets. (With good groups!) My target had holes where it was obvious the bullets had hit the target sideways.

Bummer,
Will

Back