KelTech's .32 ACP?

ellsworthtoohey

I'm thinking of purchasing KelTech's .32 ACP for deep concealment. The price is right, and innovative carry accessories are readily available. Has anyone had any experiences with this gun?

it is a great little gun and has been discussed often
on this forum. i was going to refer you to the "search"
button and have you search out all the postings on it but
i just tried it and it is disabled.
it is hard to beat for its size, lightweight and cost.
check out the kel-tec owners group website and kel-tec's
website.

http://www.ktog.org

http://www.kel-tec.com

forgot to mention kel-tec's great customer service. if
there is a problem, they will make it right. get the
chrome version if it is available. if not, get the blue
and you can send the slide to kel-tec and they will
REPLACE it with a chrome one for $20.00, great bargain.
since they pay return shipping, take the time to order
an extra magazine (only comes with one) and any spare
parts or accessories you want, some folks like the belt
clip. it can take 2-5 weeks to get the slide back depending
on when they get them from the company that chromes for them.
you can ship the slide to them by regular mail, it does not have a serial number so it can go that way.

Here's something bad: I have yet to get 50 rounds through my P32 without a disabling malfunction. First the trigger mechanism inside the frame completely broke after 18 rounds, and 9 rounds later the trigger just "locked"up about halfway back. Kel-Tec's customer service is second to none as far as speed, but I have had terrible luck with my gun and will probably never rely on it to serve in a defense role because of my guns behavior.

Greg

I have one in Hard Chrome and love that gun. Surprisingly it is very accurate too. And there cust service is great. I would highly suggest getting one.. Good Luck

I'm on my third P-32. The first one started light striking at about 200 rounds. Thankfully I have a great dealer and he gave me a new one. Before I fired #2 I found a problem with the recoil spring catch. My dealer exchanged my gun for a new P-32 once again. So far I'm having about two failures to feed/eject for every 50 rounds.

ellsworth: I think the general consensus about Kel-tec P32's is that it is a hit or miss with good customer sevice that is willing to do anything to keep the customer happy. I do not know the ratio of reliable versus unreliable, but there are just too many reported problems by owners. A gun should be reliable from the factory, and I suspect Kel-tec is using the public as testing ground for their teething pains, and this is my opinion only. A Seecamp may be in your future if you want the concealability of a .32 auto.
Otherwise, a J-frame 5 screw rated for 38+p will have to suffice. In my opinion, I would stay away from the titanium revolvers. Stainless steel is more durable than titanium at the loss of weight savings.
Sling Shot

I gave careful consideration to the P-32 recently. It sounds almost ideal, doesn't it? But after reading a lot of posts on the gun there were way too many reported problems for me to feel secure enough with it to risk my life to. Obviously, many posters feel otherwise. Probably most P-32s out there are great guns, but I think in a self-defense weapon you have to know it's going to go bang. I ended up with a used Airweight (M442).

I don't think that an airweight revolver and the P32 are in the same class. I would think that an airweight would be similar to a Kahr mk9 or even a Glock 26.

The Kel-tec P32 is in its own class. Lightweight, concealable and inexpensive. It is the most bang you can get in such a small package.

It is not a serious, fulltime CCW weapon. For that I wouldn't feel comfortable with less than 9mm or .38. However, if you are looking for something that you can carry all the time, in any dress, it can't be beat.

I have owned one for six months and it has worked great with one failure to feed which could have been caused by the way I was firing it.

The P32 is not a highly refined gun. It has burrs (for lack of a better word), that need to be worked out either by fluff and buffing it or firing it a lot. I think this is the price you pay for the relatively low cost (you have to shop around though as some dealers are getting greedy).

I would suspect that owners who are satisfied with it are about equal to owners of Glocks or other pistols with the cavet that the more you pay for a gun, the higher your expectations are. There will always be lemons and there will always be people for whom the gun is not a good fit.

On the whole, count me as satisfied.

Back