Keltec P32 question/ maybe problem?

Opie-IN

Just got my Kel-Tec out of layaway, took it home last night and cleaned and polished it up a little bit. One thing that concerns me is a piece that fell off the gun while cleaning. Its the little insert on the slide that holds the recoil spring, it fell backwards out of the slide. the pressure of the recoil spring holds it on there fine, and I ran 150 rounds thru it today without a hitch, other than a round getting locked up on another round in the magazine. Is this normal or should that thing be welded in there?

Yep, it comes out. Bothered me too the first time I field-stripped mine.

About one round getting locked up on another round in the magazine....I've heard that American made .32 ACP ammo will do this. I've always used either S&B ammo or that FN mil surplus ammo - both of which are made in Europe - and have never run across that problem in about a thousand rounds fired.

What kind of ammo are you using?

Owen

Perfectly Normal

Wait 'till you drop it in the carpet! I had to go get a flashlight and get down on all fours like I was looking for a contact lens! When my wife came into the room, she thought I was nuts!

KR

Opie! About the cartridge rim catching! Be careful when you load the mag that the rim on each cartridge doesn't pass the cartridge rim below it. Once you get them in the mag right, they don't move. The first time I shot my P-32 I broke the extractor because the rims were overlapped. Kel-Tec sent a new extractor to me and I installed it in about 5 minutes, but I learned a lesson about those rims.

The ammo that locked on me was Speer Gold Dot 60gr HPs. This was more my fault than the guns, when I was at the range I loaded the mag full of Gold Dots instead of the practice ammo I was using at the time. I was thumbing the ammo pretty fast out of the magazine when they locked, my thumb was raw from loading the mags, so I wasnt really unloading it very carefully, I was just kinda knockin em out. Thanks for the replies.

Back