Keltec KSG 12 ga.

Rangerrich99

http://www.impactguns.com/data/default/images/catalog/535/KTKSG_1.jpg

Okay, so I was at SW the other day and saw this. Now I know this thing has probably been out for awhile, but I never saw it, or forgot I saw it. Anyway, curiosity got the better of me and I asked to check it out.

First impressions: It looks a lot like a storm trooper standard blaster. It's heavy for its size, and the LOP is really short. It doesn't come with any sights, just a rail. The trigger is surprisingly light and the break is pretty clean.

Anyway, it got me to wondering, does anyone on the forum have one of these, or shot one of these things? What were your impressions of how it functioned, accuracy, reliability, etc.? Do you need to buy the entire storm trooper armor to shoot the thing well?

I have one. It's fun. Recoil surprisingly tame. Never found sight I liked for it.

Only issue I had was getting used to clearing the last shell before switching the tube selector over.

Were I to buy something like it again I'd probably get the db12. Like many kel techs the ksg is just tool "plasticy" for me.

I just took mine to the range today and I think I just helped Kel Tec sell 2 more guns. It is such a nice tidy package that holds 14+1 shells. I have a reticle sight on mine as well a light/laser combo. Great shooting gun and quite possibly the ultimate home defense weapon. The shorter size allows for much better maneuverability while 15 rounds is hopefully more than you will ever need. It sure as heck better be because reloading this thing is SLOW!!!

@Dane17... Did you try shooting full power slugs out of it? I have a couple of guys that may disagree with your claims of "tame recoil". :p

The clerk opined that you could put non-lethal rounds in one tube and your choice of normal rounds in the other, like 00 buck or whatever.

One of the other customers that day thought a good mix would be slugs in one tube and dragon's breath in the other. I assumed he wasn't talking about for HD use, of course.

Another thing I noticed is that the chamber seems to reside directly under where I'd normally put my face; is that a fact? And if so does that make the gun seem louder? Or is there any noticeable effect at all?

The recoil is harsh with 00 buck or other heavy loads! I load mine with 5's or 6's and have put a brake on the front(Google it, they are out there) and a slip on recoil reducing but pad, Limb Saver or Kick ezz I can't remember ,med size fits,and it's like shooting a 20ga.:eek:

Oh for pete's sake . . .

Mods, I made an honest error choosing which forum to put my OP in, if it's not too much trouble could one of you please move this thread to the shotgun forum? Nit-pickers would be gratified if this could happen sooner rather than later . . .

Somebody makes 1.5" shells that supposedly cycle through it. Never tried them but always seemed like it'd be cool.

Back