Keltec .32

notbubba

I was in the shop today and saw a Keltec .32 with a blue polymer frame that was so small that it was hard to believe is was a real pistol.
I thought it was dang neat looking.
Anybody know if this is an OK gun or a POS?
Not planning to buy one....at least not yet:D

I've had a P32 for about 6 months. Originally had a problem with the slide locking back before the magazine emptied. My local gun shop (buy all your accessories and ammo possible from the local to keep them in business - Walmart, etc. would never provide such services) test fired it and proceded with a minor repair. Since, it functions well - no jams or stoppages.

Accuracy is surprisingly good at both 50 feet and 25 yards, although designed as a close in weapon and not a target pistol.

I carry it places I don't feel comfortable in carrying larger, bulkier pistols such as a P95 or Smith 686 (such as banks, etc. in warmer weather when you're wearing light clothing. I eats whatever I feed it - Winchester (Silver Tips and round nose jacketed), UMCs, Americans and PMCs. Great little back up and/or primary weapon. Just remember that it is designed for tight quarter as a defensive weapon and it's effectiveness is greatly diminished with increasing range.

Mine went back to the factory two ro three times, I can't remember which because I was so disenchanted with the gun. After its last trip I asked the techs to test fire the gun until they could assure me that it was fixed. They apparently did because it has worked like a dream ever since. I enjoy shooting the gun now that it actually works. My guns problem was the trigger mechanism.....tones of problems with it. Kel-tec has great customer service and they WILL get it right for ya.

Greg

I have a couple of P32s. I've shot one of them quite a bit. It is reliable and I really like it (that's why I bought the "spare" - I live in California where they can no longer be sold new). I'm sure if you do a search in the handgun forums you will find lots of comments (mostly favorable) about them - this forum had a big influence on me buying my first one. They didn't steer me wrong.

Doug

I've had my P32 for close to a year now. The only problem I ever had was the failure of the slide to lock open at the end of the very first magazine of ammunition fired through the little pistol. Since then it's been 100% reliable with SilverTips, Hydra-Shoks, Gold Dots and several different FMJ loads. Total round count in this gun is right at 500.

I did perform the Fluff and Buff as described on the Kel-Tec Owners Group web site http://www.ktog.org, and smoothed and rounded the trigger for a better feel during the pull.

Nice little gun, I have not been dissapointed.

Mark / Fl

I've had a P-32 since January and I've put about 400 rounds through it. I love it because of the size - it is truly a pocket pistol. Natchez Shooters Supply has them on sale for $179.95 in the light blue frame. Other color frames are available from Kel-Tec for $20.

P-32

I am in the P-32 club as well. It is my always gun, and I carry it when no other will do. I have my P-11 next to me right now, and it's reliability and concealability led me to buy the P-32. I have complete faith in both.

My P32 only has 100 rds through it. Sometimes it tries to load a round before the empty case is ejected. What do I need to look for?

I love my P32 pretty accurate too have about 300 rounds thru it so far no problems at all.. :D

View

notbubba,

I kinda sorta wanted one, until I found out there was a 6 month avg. wait around here to get one!!! Then I REALLY wanted one :D

I finally got one, with an ugly grey frame and black slide, and I had to pay $250 for the darned thing, but I'm going to send it to KT for a frame swap and a $20 chrome slide swap.

Heck, depending on the price, I say GO GET IT!

I got my wife a P32 for Christmas. It's a slick little gun, works well, and IMHO is much better value for money than the Seecamps, NAA Guardians or Autaguas.

after seeing Shooter's pic, I swung back by the shop this very day, and behold, they had 5 P32's!!! Frames were in black, blue, pearl, grey, and GOODNESS HELP ME, Purple! :eek:

I of course, opted for the black one, and I couldn't BE more excited!!! I picked up an Uncle Mike's pocket dealie as well, but found that the #1's a bit too small, and the #2's a bit large. I got the #2, which I only plan to hang onto until I can afford a Hedley...

Hey NotBubba, can I vote twice? All good TFL'ers need one of these! Haven't fired it yet, and although I don't normally post "from the range", I figure the information would be worth putting out for you guys, since I'm not going to do any Fluff and Buff, and I've inherited SEVERAL boxes of various brands of .32 from a friend who sold his Lemon of a Tomcat...

Black frame with hard chromed slide is what I like.

The other colors make the P-32 look too much like a toy and with young ones around, that's not acceptable.

My kids aren't even allowed to point a gun at anybody nor are they allowed to touch realistic looking toy guns. I don't want any confusion.

Just got my hard chrome slide back today. I have one word to describe how it looks - outstanding! It has a black frame, a NAA finger extension on the magazine and an Agrip. I carry in my pocket with an Uncle Mikes #2, and on my belt with an extra magazine in a DeSantis pistol pack (looks like a Palm Pilot pouch). My carry ammo is Winchester Silvertips (of which it had reliably fed 100 rounds before I sent the slide off for exchange). I have a Graham leather holster (Twin Peaks) model on order with a matching magazine pouch. Life is sweet...

Its not Marine Corps Green #23 but I still like my Olive Drab and chrome P32. :D

bM63570.jpg

[Edited by Runner on 03-11-2001 at 05:38 PM]

Back