Kel-Tec P32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark King

I've been looking to purchase a Kel-Tec P32 for a while now. They are finally becoming available, but the prices seem to be, shall we say, a tad on the high side. This weekend's gun show had several to offer but the minimum price I saw was $349.00 and they went for as high as $389. I was under the impression that the P32 would sell for near the same price as it's 9mm and .40 caliber brethren, which was $219 to $229 from several dealers. So what did you pay for your P32 Kel-Tec?

Around here (Central Ohio), the P32s are selling for about $250. I've seen two in a store and one at a gun show.

I got mine in Salt Lake City for $219 two weeks ago.

Has anyone seen a chrome or parkerized specimen? I'm starting to doubt they're making anything but blued.

As of this summer they said they only make blued P32s. I see them in local stores at $230 ea. which is how much I paid a while back. WELL WORTH THE MONEY. Oh, do get extra mags.

Mark,

If you live near Dallas,Texas I have two Kel-Tec P32's for sale that might interest you. These are from the latest production with consecutive serial numbers in the 7xxx range. Both are like new, each having 50 rounds through them to check reliability (100% BTW). Price for one and five boxes (250 rounds) of Fiocchi JHP ammunition is $285 plus shipping. I bought them for my daughter and my girlfriend. They had other tastes. The former chose a Glock 26, the latter took a Smith 60 instead. God bless.

Paid $259 some time back, haven't shot it yet- sent it back to Kel-Tec for a minor slide fix (gave me a new slide and barrel)-
It feels like a piece of garbage, but I have
only heard great things about it-so I bought
one.

I paid 249.00 here in Indiana at an independant ffl dealer. He says he sells the sh##t out of them. The regular retail shops are at about 279.00. Great little gun, my "always" gun. Bad part is, it is so convenient to carry, I don't carry my P-11 as much as I should.

------------------
You can never have too much ammo!---- Me (being a role model to my 5 year old)

I could have gotten one at aroung $230, but am concerned about the safety of this gun. It has a light (5 lb?) trigger with no external safety - not the kind of gun you should throw in a backpack with a live round ready to go. If it was carried in a pocket holster it might be allright, but that light trigger with no safety would worry me.

I still might get one, but I've got to think about it a little more.

I picked one up for $269. at a local gun shop. I have seen very few in south florida for sale, and most were over $300. However,I feel if that if I would had put off buying it, the price would have gone down, But.... :)

------------------
TOUJOURS PRET
Swamprat

[This message has been edited by Swamprat (edited November 30, 1999).]

One is well-advised to always use a holster with any type of gun.

The P-32 has a long trigger pull. It is light, but you have to pull it. AD, no way. ND? Up to you.

Got mine for $229 after checking in with a bunch of gun shops over a 3-week period. They're beginning to show up in decent quantities finally, so be patient and keep checking. I agree, lack of external safety is no problem with this pistol because its trigger pull is long enough to prevent an AD, as compared to a Glock 26, whose short, light trigger pull led me to carry it with its chamber empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back