Kel-tec P32 trigger pin problem

Cruzer

Quick question: my trigger pin (part #253, http://www.kel-tec.com/P-32 Parts.htm ) came lose during a shooting session yesterday. I pushed it in, but I now want to Loctite the little bugger. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remove it or whether it is OK to just put a drop of Locktite on the trigger end where the pin sticks out? Thanks.

PS: The parts diagram takes a few minutes to load, it will look blank until it is fully loaded. Thanks.

Last edited:
There is no place to locktite as there are no threads.What holds the pin in is the spring that seats in the groove next to the head of the pin.Maybe the pin was not seated all the way in?

Thanks for your thoughts beemerb. It may well be that the spring wasn't seated well in the groove. Which spring are you talking about (part #)? I don't see a spring that attaches to a groove inthe pin (but then again, what do I know?). I had heard that the tip is "seated" in the trigger axis, and that it can be glued in place with loctite. Thanks!

Oh, BTW, how far out should the pin stick when it is "seated." Mine still sticks out about 1/16 of an inch, but won't go in anymore.

Johnwill,

Thanks for your post. I went to the gunshop and both of their P32's had flush pins. On Glocktalk though, there are two other guys with pins that stick out 1/16th of an inch. My theory is that they are different by serial number. My serial number is 31xxx, what is yours? Anyone else care to volunteer info on their trigger pin and serial number? Thanks.

Cruzer, take a small cold chisel and hammer. Make opposing grooves about 1/8" long on one end of the pin it should hold it in place. Just make sure that you remember which side is the tight side and always remove in that direction. George

George,

Thanks for the professional solution. I haven't tried anything 'cause I figured sooner or later a pro would step up. Thanks!

Back