Kel-Tec P=32 Light Hammer Strike Please Help

maxinquaye

Hello,

I have a very confusing problem for you guys. I bought a new P-32 about 2 weeks ago. The day I bought it, I put 50 rounds of Winchester 71 grain FMJ through the gun with no problems.

I then gave it a LIGHT "fluff & buff" and installed a trigger stop in the back (Pencil eraser) and the front (Filed down plastic dart tip). This took nearly 1/4 inch of play out of the trigger on both ends.

When I went back to fire again, Winchester ammo, I got light trigger strikes on 1 out of 5 rounds. So I went home and filed some more off the back trigger stop. I don't think this should matter, since once the trigger drops, it should drive the firing pin with enough force to detonate the primer, right?

Went back today, all the Remington ammo went through, but 1 in 4 Fiocchi 71 grain FMJ would have light strikes. No matter how many times I put them through, 4 of the rounds REFUSED to fire.

The delimma is, this could have been hard primers.

What to do? Have any of you had trouble with hard primers in Fiocchi? Could it be something else?

Any opinion, advice, voodoo or other helpful juju is greatly appreciated!

------------------
"Freedom is that instant between when someone tells you to do something and when you decide how to respond."
-Dr. Jeffrey Borenstein

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

maxinquaye, remove your stops and see if it still does it. Then replace them one at a time. One of these is obviously the culprit. George

Back