Kel-Tec P-32 Junk!

Sarge55

After reading the numerous posts about the P-32 on this board, and others, I broke down and bought myself one for a Christmas gift. Should have just got myself a piece of coal. Would have gotten more use out of it! Anyway, on 6 out of 8 shots, the pistol fails to lock into battery (by about 1/16"). Then, on closer inspection, I noticed a fairly large chip on the breechface extending from the firing pin hole (very obvious defect). Quality Control should never had let this gun slip out the door. So now I have to spend another $30 (shipping) on a new gun to get it to work (maybe). I guess you really do get what you pay for! Any comments or suggestions?

I don't think you need a new gun, nor do you need to spend $30 on shipping. If the gun is as you say, it is obviously a manufacturing defect. Call the KelTec gunsmith on the phone (I believe his name is Cliff) and explain your problem. I would guess, based upon the excellent service that KelTec is purported to have, that they will ask you to send your slide back to them so that they can send you a new slide.

This can be done for about $4.00 insured priority mail. No need to send UPS and spend $30 because the only part of the gun considered to be "gun" is the frame/receiver. Let us know how you are treated and good luck!

Frank

Kel-Tec has one of the best customer service departments I have ever dealt with-quick turn around, very nice on the phone, don't have to explain yourself to death in order to get something done. I complained about the slide sitting slightly forward on the frame-so Kel-Tec replaced the slide and barrel, they will probably do the same for you, call them ASAP.

I agree, a quality control problem. Give them a chance to make it right. I believe you will find the KelTec folks really easy to do business with. I have a P-11 and a
P-32 and am real happy with the quality of mine. Very reliable, and for their purpose, for me, they are the ticket.

------------------
Just killin' time, but it's killin' you too.
Foghat

Mine also failed to come into battery after first fifty rounds or so. Sent the gun back, they fixed it in a day, did a fluff&buff and sent it back. I agree that QC problem is there, but their service is great and once fixed, the gun has give 900+ 100% trouble-free rounds.

Back