Kel-Tec P-11 or Taurus 85?

Tim Croley

I have a 3" Taurus model 85, but would like something that is a little easier to conceal. I have been looking at the KT P-11.

Would I be better off in trading the Taurus for the KT or to just keep the revolver?

I know that the revolver is probably going to be more reliable, but it is also hard to conceal when it's hot.

What is you opinion? Thanks!

Although I am not a fan of the 9mm, I would prefer a small 9 over a 5 shot 38. In the case of the Kel-Tec, it is shorter than your 3", no taller, thinner, lighter, and holds 11 rounds compaired to the 85's five shots.

Some people claim the P-11s malfunction but the one I have to use in my classes has functioned every time it was fired (couple hundred rounds so far).

YMMV.

P-11s can be had for the low $200s. I would keep the model 85 and get a P-11. That would be a good combination.

I agree with Alamo... keep the Taurus, save for the P11... Only in rare instances have I NOT regretted selling a firearm. And trust me, I'm on a budget myself, but I just added a KTP32 to my collection, by forking $100 down and $50 a month over to my favorite FFL until it was paid for, and P32's are a little higher in cost than the P11's. Nice pistol... I may have to have one of those too... here we go again! :D

Go with the Taurus. 38 snubbies are extremely reliable and have been serving people for years. I have two Taurus Model 85s (1 Total Titanium, and 1 Stainless) and they have performed perfectly.

I have both. If it is impossible to keep both, then I would go with the revolver for CCW. Both are excellent guns and have great warranties. I did have to replace the magazine latch and spring on my P-11. Kel-Tec sent me the parts at my request. Thier response time was fantastic (4 days and I had my parts). I've had no problems with my Taurus.
Jim Hall

Back