Kel-Tec Customer Service

Kentucky Rifle

I know that it's been said many times before, but Kel-Tec really does have excellent customer service. You all know that a P-32 is one of the pocket pistols which I have collected. I enjoy shooting the little P-32 and it has never had a malfunction, plus it has fired every type of ammo I've tried. It's serial number is in the high 7000's. I read that KT has done a recoil spring "upgrade" and made them heavier. I sent KT an e-mail today asking if I could purchase the new, heavier recoil spring and how to go about doing it. Less than a hour passed and I received an e-mail from a lady named Carolyn who stated that she would be happy to send me a new recoil spring free of charge if I would provide my shipping address.
It's not often you are treated so well by a company, much less offered something for free. Even if it is only a recoil spring.
Kel-Tec is a company that takes good care of it's customers. I've been very happy with my P-32, and I'm super happy with the customer service. A reply to my e-mail in less than an hour is really something!

Kentucky Rifle

Carolyn is the P-32 gunsmith. I assume she'll be sending you both springs. I got several sets - they should be longer/stronger than your original ones. Wolff makes some even stronger ones and magazine springs too. I haven't tried those yet. No need to, works fine how it is.
Let me know how the new ones compare to your original ones.

Didn't you get the chrome upgrade? Depending on when you got it, they may have sent you the new springs with it.
I didn't send my guide rod or springs with the slide when I sent it in but when I got the chrome slide back, it had a new guide rod & springs, that's when I noticed they were a bit stronger.

About when?

I got my chrome upgrade before I picked the gun up from the dealer in December. Anybody know if it was being done then?

Thanks and regards,

Ledbetter

Alamo...

I got my chrome "upgrade" a long time ago. At that time, P-32's were very difficult to find. When I did find one, the price was always WAY out of line. I had to look for almost a year to find a P-32 at the normal price. When I did find one, it was the blue version. I didn't even try it out. I just sent the top end to Kel-Tec for the hard chrome exchange. I told Carolyn my pistol's serial number (it's in the high 7000's) and she said the heavier springs were not available when I got the chrome pieces. Like you, I got another guide rod in the mail with the chrome pieces. (I'm even hoping ANOTHER one will come with the heavier spring set.)
Before I even got my P-32, I had decided that a parkerized finish was the way to go. What changed my mind was the little experiment the Kel-Tec gunsmiths did. They put three slides in a bucket of water for a week. (They didn't tell me if the water was salt or fresh and I forgot to ask.) All three types of slide finishes were used. (Hard chrome, parkerized, and plain blue.) At the end of the week, the regular blue and the parkerized slides were rusted badly, however the hard chrome was still unblemished by rust. That's when I decided that, for a pocket pistol, hard chrome would be the way to go. Regular steel pocket knife blades rust in my pocket in about two weeks during the hot, sticky Kentucky summers. I didn't want the same thing to happen to the nice little P-32 that I had searched for, for so long!
I'll post and let you know how the new springs work out, but I don't anticipate any problems. The only problem I ever had with my P-32 was when I installed the factory metal guide rod. It was "jam city" then! I polished and polished with my Dremal Tool and jeweler's rouge, but my P-32 NEVER was dependable with the metal guide rod. I switched back to the plastic rod and have had not one single malfunction since. (With any brand of ammo!)
You might find it interesting that my father in law sent Carolyn an e-mail regarding a hard chrome and spring upgrade also. He picked up one of the very first P-32's in Louisville (serial number around 600). She e-mailed him back saying to send in the entire pistol as there had been so many changes that she needed the botton end also. I wonder what has changed from those early models? Do you know?

Kentucky Rifle

I don't know what would have changed on the bottom end except the hammer spring which is supposed to be a little stronger. I will have to check into it.

The chrome upgrade is 20.00 and well worth it.. :D

View

Shooter.45

Yours and mine could be twins. That dull silver hard chrome finish really looks good with the black lower, doesn't it?
I don't think that anyone has mentioned that, with the hard chrome upgrade, you get red/orange sights. Much, MUCH easier for me to see. Another thing was that on my blue slide, the white sights looked like they were put on with a mop. The red/orange sights look like they were put on by an artist. The bright paint fits in the little holes perfectly. The front sight is a perfect little half-moon and the rear sight is a perfect little rectangle.
Shooter: The way you talk, you must have sent your P-32's top end back for the chrome upgrade too. When you got it back, did you notice polishing dust on the feed ramp? I think that Kel-Tec does a free "fluff and buff" on the hard chrome top end that they send to replace the blue stuff.
My serial number is in the high 7000's. Is yours of the same vintage?

Kentucky Rifle

I had a magazine catch break on my Kel-Tec P-11. I emailed Kel-Tec about it and had a new catch and spring delivered to my house, in 4 days. It took about 5 minutes to install.
There was no charge. This gun is working flawlessly.
Jim Hall

Back