Kel-Tec CP33 revealed

TruthTellers

Pretty much a PMR30 in .22, but uses 33 and 50 round magazines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOP7pxFZUHo&t=0s

Looks like the secret to the magazines is they are quad stacked.

DSC6568.jpg

I like the capacity and caliber, not a fan of the rear of the frame/slide. Seems really long, I wonder why they couldnt copy the PMR's shape a little better. Glad to see magazines evolving more and more for better capacity.

Surefire makes a four into two column AR magazine, 60 and 100 round versions.

There is a Brazilian PCC with four column .45 magazine.

The Soviets were on the noisy end of Finnish Suomi submachine guns which used 50-round quad-stack magazines. The current nickname is "coffin mag" due to the shape. Not sure what the original name was, and I could not pronounce it anyway. It would be in Finnish!

Bart Noir

The bustle to the rear of the grip gives me the idea that it is headed directly to a carbine variant.
I'm definitely interested in the pistol, but a Kel Tec .22 rifle isn't something that I'd be into, but others I can understand. If it was a bullpup rifle tho, I'd be down, but if it's just going to be a clone of the CMR30, it's not something I feel will be all that accurate for longer distances.

A pistol with a 50 rd magazine tho isn't something I'm looking to shoot out past 50 yards with or to be a bullseye gun. Just a plinker that doesn't require reloading after every 10 shots.

I'm still stuck with the amazements that they got that magazine to work with rimmed cartridges! I seldom ever load my current .22 magazines over 5 rounds anyways, but that is pretty darned neat! There just might be a spot in my accumulation for one of those.

I think it's a bit weird that it's more of a .22 lr pistol version of the CMR-30 and not the PMR-30. Notice the internal bolt instead of a slide. The AR charging handle is also a weird touch.

I can't wait to see it again at the SHOT Show next year. Who knows, maybe it will even be on the shelf in 5 years.

Back