Keep SWMBO away from your BP possibles

deerslayer303

SWMBO found out that mutton tallow is very beneficial to her skin, and the 1:8 beez wax / tallow lube is even better for her hands. She had tried all the expensive skin care junk they market toward the ladies. And after some research she says " honey, dont you have mutton tallow for your guns"? So I lost my Tallow AND my lube I had made up. [emoji3]

Keep SWMBO away from your BP possibles
You're lucky that's all you lost

I made the mistake of letting my wife shoot a deer with mine, and I ended up buying her one of her own so I could get it back.

Next she shot my 6 mm Model 7, and suddenly calling it "her" rifle

Better not tell my rangemaster buddy about the bear grease. We rendered bear fat one semester and I gave him a jar (dog treat jar) filled with it. Don't want his wife stealing it from him.

Historically, women used bear grease (or sugar water) to get their hair to stay in place. :p Some woman at Fort Sutter (CA) told me that. Pass.

Oh for the love of Pete, Now SWMBO done told my sister in law all about the benefits of the B.P. lube for their hands, feet, face, blah, blah, blah. Now I lost another Pint of it, :rolleyes: Gotta make up another batch tonight. I guess I need to put the Tallow and Lube in the safe and change the combination. :D

Dont put bear grease on your boots and leave them out where the dog can get them It aint purty the next morning. The wifes soft hands just might be good for you wink wink

Deerslayer303, make up a big 5 gallon batch, put it in pint containers and sell it for big bucks to all of SWMBO friends. With the money you make can afford to buy more guns and goodies. :)

^^^I like the way you think Gaucho. Because hey if you tell a woman it will make them look younger and have skin as soft as a baby's behind they will buy anything LOL. Although I'll have to get Cindy Crawford to endorse it.

Burts Bees has a tub of hand cream smells a little like honey.Pretty good stuff.Might lure her off your bullet lube.

You might want to be bear careful,though.

As I recall I saw bulk lanolin on Amazon or ebay.A little cocoa butter,maybe.

Have her help make a special batch up just for her.She could even put some kind of scent in it.Juniper,sage...a tiny bit of skunk....
That way when you turn it about and figure out her home made skin cream makes good bullet lube,your bullets will smell purty.

Last edited:
Back