• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

keep gettign signed off

zamboxl

Whats with this forum Everytime well alot of times when i am done reading a thread, and i reload back to the main forum page i look at the name field and i notice i am no longer signed in. Whats the deal?

Check to see if your cookies are turned off. The site plants a cookie so that it can remember you when you refresh or go to another thread, but can't do that if they're turned off.

... also, even if you are using cookies and you take a lot of time between activities, you can be auto-logged off. There is about a 20 minute timeout period. If you don't do anything in that time period, you're logged off.

There is a way to prevent it, however. When you login, be sure to check off the "Remember me" checkbox. You'll still be logged off, but with your next action (new page, refresh, etc.) the login will be automatic and transparent.

When you login, if you see any sort of &s=....(long hexadecimal value) in the URL bar, TFL can't set cookies in your browser. Or, it's possible that it can set cookies, but something is keeping your browser from sending cookies back to TFL... certain overly-protective firewalls or proxies might do that.

In that case, TFL will try to add that &s=...(long hex value) to all urls on the page, so that when you click links you stay logged in. If you navigate back to a page before you logged in, that &s=value will disappear.

If you then click on a link on a page that doesn't have &s=value in the url, that link didn't have &s=value either. You'll have lost your session and you'll have to login again. (It's still in your browser cache and/or the browser's url log, probably, but it would no longer be accessible with the browser's forward/back buttons.)

Back