Kasich on C-Span

Ipecac

Did any of you see Repub presidential wannabe Rep. Kasich of Ohio on C-Span today? Some special event held by college Republicans (I bet they're real popular with the ladies). Anyway, Kasich was asked a general question about gun control, and he said that it was an issue that needed to be looked at carefully. Of course, he said, nobody needs a gun that can shoot a million rounds in a nanosecond (that is nearly verbatim), and nobody needs and Uzi (again, as close to verbatim as I remember), but, we have to be careful of people's right to privacy and the 2nd amendment.

Another Republican firmly on the side of the gun-owner, not. He actually put privacy rights ahead of the right to bear arms on this issue. He essentially said he was somewhat against registration and house searches. How comforting.

------------------
"All I ask is equal freedom. When it is denied, as it always is, I take it anyhow."

Ah yes, Another Lieutenant Noballs from the crew of Republican presidential candi-di-di-dates.

My kingdom for someone with a spine!!!

[This message has been edited by Contender (edited July 09, 1999).]

deanf, you are clearly out of line! Those libertarian nutcases believe in letting you do damn near anything you want to, unless you interfere with another citizen! You know - that crazy notion you have the freedom to swing your fist until it contacts the other fellow's nose!

Oops. I guess a Supreme Court justice (Holmes, no?) made that last crack. But ... he was clearly from another time, and those principles no longer apply.

Nope. We've got too much freedom already, and it has to stop somewhere. These wild-eyed notions of liberty and freedom are the clear mark of today's terrorists! The Republicans will save us. At least, the kinder, gentler, more compassionate ones will, right? ;)

Back