Kansas law concerning firearms

iiwas

Inactive
I realize a lot of people on here are Law Enforcement or Lawyers so let me run something past you guys. I bought a house in Kansas and someone that i thought was a close friend was my roommate / tenant. The agreement was he would pay the mortgage and I would pay the Utilities (he had his wife and kids there too). I loaned him my AR-15 in July. we were both a little short that month and he pawned my AR for 400 bucks to cover the mortgage (at least thats what he said) with the understanding that he would get it back out of hawk and return it to me in August. I know this was stupid. he deployed to a combat zone sept 3rd (we are both military) his wife called me at noon on the 4th saying she was moving onto on post housing at the end of the month. I asked her about my rifle and she didnt seem to care. What if any are my legal options? I cant sue him because of the soldier sailor relief act. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks guys.

If I were to file larceny charges would I still be able to recover the money he owes me for the rifle and rent in small claims or how would I go about recovering the rifle?

Biggest single reason that when an old friend wanted to borrow one of my deer rifles I said no. Just don't trust his oldest kid not to take it and pawn it, then if I want it back having to either go buy it back or press charges against the kid.

Press charges, that "friend" should have known better. And if he didn't you don't need that kind of "friend". If possable he will want to get this settled before he comes back (if he has any brains).

By the way, don't loan any type of gun. It's just asking for trouble.

Back