Kansas HB2240

MarkW

I do not believe I have ever witnessed the introduction of a concealed carry bill and the resulting silence as here in this state.

No one has any information and when you ask, it seems like it is the first anyone has heard of it.

The KSRA (Kansas State Rifle Assoc.) web page has not even been updated since 1997. It seems that when the bill was vetoed by Gov. Graves in 97, everyone just gave up. You would think they would be voiceing some type of support for the bill and at least trying to increase their membership.

I called the NRA, you would think they would have an intrest in this bill. They did not.

I just can not figure out why their is such a lack of intrest in this bill not only here in Kansas but with the national orgs that should be voiceing support.

Well I guess as evident by the lack of response, no one is interested. Just can not figure out why.

I'd love to see the bill go through. Maybe if Gov. Grave's has to veto enough of 'em, he'll reconsider his stance. Did you read the Gov's veto message for the '97 bill (HB2159 I think)? Very weak reasoning, I thought. I mean ..."knowing hidden guns are on our streets does not contribute to [the citizens'] sense of security...". What, like they don't know that guns are already out there, hidden on the streets, in the hands of thugs and criminals? What about the sense of security you get knowing you have the ability to adequately defend yourself against this street trash (i.e. you can and are carrying a concealed gun)? Is that not important? I don't know much about Gov. Graves, so I don't want to pass any judgement on him or his character, but by reading that veto message, it's obvious that he has fallen prey to serious antigun propoganda and hence is badly misinformed. Pro-gun Kansans need to call and write to Gov. Graves and present the facts, over and over again, so that the next time he's presented with CCW reform bill (maybe HB2240!), he'll realize just how right and beneficial such a thing is.

Back