Kali and SKS turn in

Little-e

Anyone have an update on how this is proceeding? Just wondering if folks are storming to the police station to turn their stuff in. Only a few months left...

I haven't heard of any SKS stampedes to the sheriff's office in Kings County. My guess is the buyback is going to be a disappointing failure.

Dammit, I thought this would involve the use of the SKS in Kali . . .

------------------
Don

"Hey you, let's fight!"
"Them's fightin' words!"

The San Diego County Sheriffs Office collected 1 rifle so far and that wasn't even an sks. Plus, it wasn't even in operational order. Looks like the confiscation in going over well.

[This message has been edited by weiser09 (edited September 19, 1999).]

Local news station out of Sacramento reported that the Roseville PD and Sacramento PD have each had 3 turned in.

The price of liberty and freedom is more than $230.

Well, I for one am waiting for the first person hauled into court over this after 1-1-00. I figure that the court case will be a pretty lengthly affair and I can't imagine that it will do anything but march its way to the supreme court. Any bets?

------------------
To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

``You're dealing with the law- abiding people,'' Duncan said.

Well, shut my mouth and call me Francis! You mean only law-abiding people have been turning guns in, while the gang-bangers (who probably don't have one anyway) haven't? Say it ain't so!

I guess the PRK's subjects showed some sense when they defeated Lungren's "goobernatorial" bid. No offense to DC and any other citizens of Kali, but sometimes I wish that 'state' would sink into the Pacific. :(

------------------
Lady Justice has been raped, truth assassin;
Rolls of red tape seal your lips, now you're done in;
Their money tips her scales again, make your deal;
Just what is truth? I cannot tell, cannot feel.

The ultimate in vanity
Exploiting their supremacy
I can't believe the things you say
I can't believe, I can't believe the price we pay- nothing can save us
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is gone
Pulling your strings,Justice is done...
Seeking no truth, winning is all,
Find it so grim, so true, so real....

If it isn't Scottish, it's CRAP! RKBA!

In the article it claims that it may be that people are just waiting for the last minute in hopes of the law changing? Sorry to burst their bubble, but that's not the story I'm getting from the gun owners. Everyone that I have talked to who has one of these weapons says they will never turn them in.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

Shhhh....please don't tell them that my tube fed Marlin Glenfield 60 holds 19 rounds with one in the chamber. Ha!

I really feel for you guys and gals still in Kalifornia. I was there for 10 years and glad to have made my escape. I know, I know, sooner or later they'll get us all you say.

Keep fightin' the good fight!

Dago

I'm inclined to agree with Bookie. These mandatory gun turn-ins or registrations don't really seem to produce the expected results.
I remember reading somewhere that the program in Australia has only produced a compliance rate of roughly 10%, and that's an optimistic evaluation. Meanwhile, registration in Canada is supposedly hovering around 1%. Lack of cooperation has forced the authorities up there to reassess the cost of administering the program to the point where many are now doubtful that they can afford to enforce it.
Aside from the funds allocated for the buyback, has CA figured out what the estimated court costs for prosecuting the noncompliant might be?

Back