Kak Shockwave Question

rfxcasey

I bought an assembled AR pistol lower with a Kak Shockwave brace already installed. I took it out to shoot with my son and we noticed that the Kak buffer tube could be twisted back and forth about 1/8 of an inch or so in the castle nut. If holding the receiver still, the Kak tube can rotate slightly back and forth as if tightening or loosening. Once you go so far it hard overs and won't go any further in either direction but I'd have expected the tube to be locked in place securely with zero rotational movement (wiggle). I've never owned one of these but isn't that tube supposed to be pinned in place with a notch and tongue from the rear receiver plate? Then the castle nut is screwed on and tightened down. The castle nut on this lower has been staked. I can send it back but wonder is somehow this is normal or if it can be fixed easily. Anyone with a Kak Shockwave to lend some insight would be appreciated.

Thanks, that's exactly the confirmation I was looking for. I've submitted for an RMA with the seller, they want the receiver sent back for evaluation and repair.

Back