Kahr Quality? -- Kahr Customer Service

• Thread starter Thread starter faiello5
  • Start date Start date
F

faiello5

I have heard that Kahr had a major rusting problem with its E9 pistols. Any E9 owners that can confirm this?

For those that have needed Kahr customer service for any Kahr pistol, who was the service? Thanks.

Frank

I have only asked questions via KAHR's customer service, but they were responsive and helpful. Shake

I have one of the early edition Kahr K9s with the NATO spec chamber. this pistol stated to give me failure to feed type malfunctions with some factory ammo. A call to Kahr had a gunsmith on the line to diagnose the problem. He had me send in the pistol and they reamed the chamber to SAAMI specs, replaced the reciol spring and replaced the rear slide cover (for cosmetic reasons) and had the pistol back to me 7 business days after I shipped the gun. Also a bit later I had a slide release break on teh gun. Another call to them had a replacement part to me in 3 business days.. Excellent customer service!!! Mark/FL

My one and only contact with Kahr customer service was positive. My K9 was shipped with one 9mm and one .40 S&W mag. I shipped it back per instructions and they sent me a new 9mm mag.

The Kahr blue finish is a bit delicate. I had three early ones in blue for testing that showed wear after a couple week's use. However, the rusting rumor probably started with remarks Ayoob made in his Guns Magazine review. He apparently has pretty corrosive perspiration, as he noted rust on his test gun after a couple of weeks of close carry. Wear yes, rust no on my guns. I had plenty of contact with the factory during my testing; Kahr's people are responsive and sharp. They addressed all of my concerns in a most satisfactory manner. slabsides

Back